The Sun reports Monaco Solicitors’ book for employees on negotiating exit packages
The Sun newspaper reports publication in November 2018 of Resignation Revolution: How to negotiate your exit package like a pro’ by our own Alex Monaco:
‘The Sun reports Monaco Solicitors’ book for employees on negotiating exit packages
‘Exit strategy employment lawyer Alex Monaco gives his top tips on how to negotiate a fair exit package if you are forced out of a job
There’s plenty you can do to ensure you get the best deal if you’re
forced out of a job:
- DON’T RESIGN IMMEDIATELY: If you do, you lose an important bargaining chip
in negotiating a better settlement agreement.
- DON’T PLAY TOO NICELY:A settlement is not what you ought to get, it’s what
they owe you for your workplace mistreatment and for forcing you out of your job.
- DON’T BURN YOUR BRIDGES:You don’t have to hide your feelings but don’t come
across as too angry as you must remain professional at all times.
- OFFER SOMETHING BACK: Suggest a confidentiality clause or a smooth handover
to your successor.
- BE AWARE OF YOUR THREE-MONTH DEADLINE: Don’t let your negotiations push you
over the strict three-month time limit for tribunal claims.
Alex Monaco is the author of The Resignation Revolution: How To Negotiate Your Exit Package Like A Pro and founder of #EmployeeRightsDay
Credit: S. Cresswell’
Alex’s book, The Resignation Revolution: How To Negotiate Your Exit Package Like A Pro, is available at £14.99 or Kindle edition £9.99 from Amazon’