Senior Employment Solicitor
"I have represented diverse clients at all levels. Delivering effective and results-driven solutions is at the heart of my practice and I thoroughly enjoy helping individuals challenge wrongdoing in the workplace."
Contact Rubel Bashir
· Disciplinary hearings
· Dismissals of all kinds
· Employment tribunal litigation
· Negotiations and exit packages
· Redundancy claims
· Settlement agreements advice
· Whistleblowing claims
Solicitors Regulation Authority (See
Monaco Solicitors’ page here)
SRA ID: 531583
Legal Career History
Monaco Solicitors – Senior Employment Solicitor: 2023 to present
Acuity Law – Senior Associate: 2022 – 2023
Slater & Gordon Lawyers (UK) – 1. Employment Solicitor; 2. Senior Associate: 2017 – 2022
DAS Law – Legal Advisor: 2012 – 2017
Lyons Davidson Solicitors – Paralegal: 2011 – 2012
Rubel Bashir and Employment Law
As a senior employment solicitor, I have a wealth of experience and expertise in all aspects of employment law. I have had the privilege of assisting a diverse range of clients, including senior executives and employees across various sectors, by providing effective, practical and results-driven solutions.
I am regularly instructed to advise on all aspects of employment law including discrimination law, grievances, disciplinary procedures, dismissals, and litigation. I’ve also appeared as an expert on employment law on national media including the BBC, Sky News, and several radio stations.
I’ve been described as a skilled litigator and fierce negotiator and consistently recognised by the Legal 500 as a leading individual in employment law and a Key lawyer. ‘Rubel Bashir is entirely professional, honest and pragmatic. He achieves excellent outcomes for ordinary working people, sometimes against the odds.’
I have a proven track record of securing favourable outcomes for my clients, achieving notable successes in challenging cases. Some highlights of my recent accomplishments include:
· Successfully representing a client in obtaining a reinstatement order following a finding of unfair dismissal, along with an additional award and legal costs, when the employer failed to reinstate.
– Successfully bringing a claim of disability discrimination at tribunal and being awarded a settlement of over £250,000.
– Settling a claim for rare associative discrimination before a final hearing.
· Obtaining a successful finding of employment status in an Employment Tribunal case, which led to a subsequent settlement with backstop deductions conceded.
· Resolving a claim through a successful settlement on the ninth day of a ten-day hearing in a complex whistleblowing claim against a large respondent organisation.
· Securing a successful appeal to the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT) on redundancy consultation, which received widespread attention and recognition.
What our clients say
Daniel Reeves"An amazing solicitor. Highly recommended"
"My solicitor was Rubel and he was amazing. He explained the whole process and ensured I understood each step. Rubel communicate with me through it all. I am very please of the outcome. It all went soothly. I would really recommend him as a solicitor."
Johanna Osman"Great experience"
"Overall a great experience with Monaco solicitors. The response was always swift Rubel Bashir was great at outlining anll details and making sure everything was clear for me. I would highly recommend them as they made a typically stressful situation go as smooth as possible."
"Great experience from start to end. I worked with Rubel who discussed our strategy and every step taken with me beforehand, so we were fully aligned. The matter was resolved over a few weeks, with some work required over weekends and at unsociable hours, but Rubel made sure everything that needed to happen at specific times did happen when required. His good advice and strong negotiating skills led to a highly successful outcome, and I felt supported during an emotionally stressful time. I will certainly be recommending Rubel and Monaco Solicitors on to others who need help!"