Senior Associate Solicitor
“Easy to get hold of and an excellent lawyer.” – Chambers & partners
“Easy to get hold of and an excellent lawyer.”
Email: [email protected]
Main areas of practice: Unfair dismissal Discrimination HR issues Negotiated exits and settlement agreements
SRA ID: 194525
Invited by Kingston College to teach Employment Law on its CIPD course – June 2015
Appointed Programme Director for Central Law Training in area of Employment Law – March 2013
Invited by the Law Society to teach Employment Law on its Employment Law Course to other lawyers
Appointed partner at Colemans-ctts LLP – 2010
Invited to teach Employment Law on the AWS Returners’ Course
Appointed Chair of the Association of Women Solicitors (AWS) (London Region)
Legal Practice Course – July 1997 – ‘Commendation’ grade
Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives – 1995
- Senior Associate Solicitor: At Monaco Solicitors, negotiating settlement agreements and fighting employment tribunals on behalf of Claimants across the UK. January 2017 – ongoing
- Employment Solicitor: Campbell Chambers Solicitors. December 2014 – Present
- Programme Director: Central Law Training. Programme Director for this high profile national lawyer training organisation. Heading up the national employment law programme delivery ‘CPD’ (continuing professional development’ to lawyers, both beginners and experts, in the field of employment law. March 2013 – Present
- Employment Solicitor: Compromise Agreements Ltd. This niche Employment Law Claimant-only company was the predecessor to Monaco Solicitors, also run by Alex Monaco, who I have worked with for some years. As per Monaco Solicitors, I was dealing with a full range of employment claims, including Tribunal claims and in areas including unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing. March 2013 – March 2014
- Solicitor then Partner: Colemans-ctts Solicitors – Kingston upon Thames, London. Partner in charge of the employment department responsible for a team of 4. Full range of contentious employment Tribunal claims (including discrimination, unfair dismissal, whistleblowing) acting for Claimants and Respondents, insurance panel solicitors, private instructions and Employer insurance claims.
July 1997 – March 2013
- Legal Executive (FILEX): Stephen Fidler & Co. Solicitors – Gray’s Inn Road, WC1. General civil litigation including employment, housing, debt work and immigration. 1994 – 1996
- Legal Executive: Bernard Oberman & Co. Solicitors – Chancery Lane, WC2 . General civil litigation including employment, housing, debt work and immigration.
I am a highly qualified, conscientious and dedicated solicitor with over 30 years’ experience in the legal field, the vast majority of which has been spent specialising in Employment and Immigration Law. Former partner of a national commercial firm of solicitors as Head of the Employment and Immigration team and currently working flexibly as a consultant solicitor. I am a Trainer and Programme Director for the UK’s leading legal training company providing legal training to other lawyers and have lectured in Employment Law on the CIPD course to HR professionals and Immigration law to Legal Executives of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
My background in law started as a legal secretary with no ambition to become a lawyer, but very soon I fell in love with the law and fell out of love of being a secretary!
I qualified through the non-traditional route of the Legal Executive which meant 9 years of part-time studying while working full-time in a firm of solicitors and then completing my Legal Practice course to qualify as a solicitor in 1998. This meant that by the time I qualified, I had already had 10 years’ experience in the legal field.
Throughout my career I have represented both employers and employees over many different sectors. I therefore have a good working understanding of the issues from both sides and a good insight into businesses which makes me a better lawyer to my employee clients.
Negotiated a settlement on a race and age discrimination claim against a major airline and achieved a 6-figure settlement for my clients in addition to reinstatement.
I, like all of my colleagues at Monaco solicitors, am passionate about getting justice for our clients and putting them in a position of power so that they can achieve the best result for them. I am particularly passionate about womens’ rights in the workplace. We are under-represented in the boardroom and we still suffer from a substantial pay gap and are often overlooked for promotion and career prospects. I have achieve despite those odds and I want to see others do the same.
She took the pain away from me
Lorna immediately briefed me on the situation and spelled out clearly how the settlement agreement was rigged to my Employer’s favour. She took the pain away from me by dealing with them directly, re-drafting the settlement agreement and keeping me informed every step of the way throughout the negotiations. Thank you Lorna.”
S in London
Easy to get hold of and an excellent lawyer.
Chambers & Partners
Very knowledgable and good experience
Lorna helped me with a case and because of her commitment and professional approach we got successful results. Lorna is very knowledgable and has good experience in her profession which allows her to build a sound argument in her presentation of the case. On the whole, I would recommend Lorna to anyone requiring legal services and wants a professional approach in managing the situation
Great legal advice and service
Lorna helped me get the best possible outcome from a compromise agreement. Since working with her, I’ve recommended her to a couple of friends. Lorna is exceptional at her work, she has great interpersonal skills, as well as a wealth of knowledge in employment law.
A. F. Clark