Senior Employment Solicitor
I pride myself in providing practical and timely advice in an area of law which can require fast action and detailed work. Law can be quite complex in nature, so I ensure that my clients have clear and concise advice.
About Rhiannon Davies
I have worked in employment law for over 10 years advising both employees and employers. I enjoy working in this area of law due to its continual changes and involvement with people and how relationships develop and breakdown between employees and employers. My preference has been to act for employees who find themselves in difficult positions and using my experience to take away the stress of the situation and work together towards the best outcome.
I graduated from Cardiff University in 2004 reading Law and German and continued to qualification as a Solicitor in September 2008 with a firm in the West Midlands. I have worked in private practice in London and most recently in Dubai, dealing with all aspects of Employment Law, both contentious and non-contentious, including Unfair Dismissal and Discrimination Claims. I have also provided advice in relation to policy and procedure for disciplinary and grievance and assisting with all affairs regarding the workplace and contractual issues. I find that I am a natural mediator, focusing on the issues that can be resolved in order for there to be the best possible outcome for my client and importantly to avoid unnecessary litigation.
Notable cases/Key achievements
- A complex high value case against a Saudi Group Company. Acting on behalf of the CEO employee who resigned in breach of contract and reached successful settlement avoiding 3 week trial.
- Acted on a high value claim for an executive of an international investment bank and advised on settlement negotiation strategy and finalising the matter by drafting and completing a Settlement Agreement.
- April 2018 to Present - Monaco Solicitors
- June 2015 to March 2018 - James Berry & Associates - Head of Employment Law
- September 2011 to May 2015 - C J Jones Solicitors LLP - Senior Associate
- August 2010 to September 2011 - Pinney Talfourd LLP - Senior Associate
- September 2006 to July 2010 - MFG Solicitors LLP - Trainee Solicitor and Associate Solicitor
What our clients say…
"At every step I was supported"
I had a very tricky situation with my former employer who dismissed me under the guise of a misconduct issue. Although I understood how they came to this conclusion the facts were distorted and the truth overlooked and I was left with the feeling that I railroaded through improper process. Monaco Solicitors explained where they felt I had a case and the likely outcome. At every step I was supported and protected from my former employers fat fingered attempts of back tracking. My aim was to leave the company with a good reference and not look back and my belief is that Monaco solicitors made that a reality. Thanks for all your help.