Senior Associate Solicitor
Employment disputes are extremely stressful and difficult for employees - I recognise this and wherever possible seek to achieve a swift resolution to minimise the strain on individuals, whilst ensuring that financial terms are maximised.
Main areas of practice: Unfair/constructive dismissal, redundancy, discrimination claims, whistle-blowing, exit/settlement agreement negotiations
SRA ID: 293592
About Fiona Wood
I am an experienced and dedicated lawyer specialising in employment law. During my 16 year legal career, I have worked for a large law firm in the City and also in a number of in-house legal roles and have experience of advising both employers and employees.
I am approachable, pragmatic, robust and committed to helping employees to obtain justice where they have been wronged by their employers. It is essential for clients to trust their lawyers and I work hard to build relationships quickly, to understand my clients’ objectives, to clearly explain legal rights and options and to work collaboratively towards achieving client’s aims. Having extensive experience in advising employers, I am able to use this insight and knowledge of their pressure points and strategies to the advantage of my clients.
Employment disputes are extremely stressful and difficult for employees – I recognise this and wherever possible seek to achieve a swift resolution to minimise the strain on individuals, whilst ensuring that financial terms are maximised.
Whilst I have experience in advising on all areas of employment law, my practice typically focuses on discrimination, unfair/ constructive dismissal and whistleblowing. I have advised in many sectors, including financial services, retail, technology and manufacturing.
Notable cases/Key achievements
- Acted in a complex disability discrimination, personal injury and breach of contract claim. The dispute was an extremely acrimonious and sensitive one but I managed to achieve a positive outcome for my client.
- Acted in a high value, multiple discrimination claim. The claim was eventually settled following mediation.
- Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP: Senior Associate, September 2001 – June 2013
- UBS Investment Bank: Employee Relations adviser, November 2013 – November 2014
- NBCUniversal: interim Employment Counsel, November 2014 – March 2015
- Autovista Group: Employment Counsel, March 2015 – October 2017
- Monaco solicitors: Senior Associate, January 2018 - Present
What our clients say…
The team at Monaco solicitors is outstanding, from those picking up the first call to guide you to the best solicitor to the solicitor themselves, from their genuine care, level of empathy, second to none expertise and timeliness of service delivery, I am very grateful to all. This is the place I will keep returning to should I find myself in a similar unfortunate situation and in the meantime, will keep referring them around me. Thank you. G.M