We are looking for a highly organised PA/ Assistant Manager to assist the Director with the day to day running of our two businesses. The first business is a heavily digitalised specialist employment solicitors firm and second is a digital firm that creates bespoke, innovative websites. We are a small team based in the Bussey Building opposite Peckham Rye station, 9 minutes by train from London Bridge and 15 minutes from Victoria.
The role of our PA is to free up the director’s time so that they can spend maximum time on strategic tasks.
As a PA, you will often act as the directors first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation. You will have a wide range of management and administration responsibilities with the overall purpose of ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the business. Tasks will include:
- managing the director’s diary, organising meetings and appointments or attending meetings and ensuring the director is well prepared; reminding the director of important tasks and deadlines; being involved in decision-making processes.
- acting as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls; act as gatekeeper often controlling access to the director
- carrying out specific projects and research;
- typing, compiling and preparing reports or correspondence
- working with accountants to provide documentation and information required for the purpose of completing annual accounts and returns; banking duties including checking and processing payments, paying in cheques
- managing the recruitment of staff including working with recruitment agents, placing recruitment advertisements, reviewing job applications and organising and attending interviews and determine if they’re a good fit for the business
- makes sure that the business complies with all regulations both legal and set forth by the company; identifying relevant legislation that applies to the office and staff and ensuring compliance through implementing relevant procedures and drafting appropriate documentation, including data protection, health and safety, business, and legal services regulatory law; completing indemnity insurance renewals. Practice certificate renewals;
- Performing duties required to implement the marketing plan and performing administrative duties relating to marketing;
- represent the business and portrays it in a positive light (public relations)
- taking on some of the Directors responsibilities and working more closely with the team;
- deputising for the director, making decisions and delegating work to others in the director’s absence; guiding their work efforts toward the most efficient and profitable business solutions
- promotes an attitude of success, having a positive influence on all employees
Key skills required:
- Personable yet professional;
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Tact and diplomacy
- Communication skills
- A knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn company-specific software where required
- Good business acumen
- At least 4 years relevant experience
- The following skills would be advantageous:
- Management skills/qualification
- IT skills/qualification
- HR skills/qualification
Ready to apply?
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org