Role: Office Manager
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
Job type: Permanent, full time or part time considered
Hours: 9 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday
Location: Peckham Levels, London, with some home working
This is an exciting opportunity to join Monaco Solicitors, a small but lively, innovative and rapidly expanding law firm specialising in employment law for employees.
The company operates both as a traditional law firm as well as an ‘industry disrupter’. With an eye to the future, we are playing a leading role in shaping how the internet is changing the way the law is accessed and consumed.
Our mission is to make employment law more accessible to employees who are being poorly treated at work. We do this by sharing our knowledge and experience on our website, explaining complex legal terminology and processes in plain and friendly English, and creating online tools like legal letter builders which help employees to represent themselves.
Our most recent technology-based innovations in employment law include Virtual Lawyer which was awarded a government grant in 2020 and has also recently won the prestigious Law Society award for Excellence in Technology and Innovation (2021).
The Role + Duties
This is a senior role for an Office Manager who has some previous experience at this level in the service sector. You will be central to the smooth, efficient and effective running of the office and all administrative functions that support our business.
Your duties on a day-to-day basis will be varied and will include:
- Managing and helping to implement our recruitment and HR processes
- Raising and paying invoices and tracking/keeping records of the same
- Updating and maintaining records in a timely manner as appropriate (e.g. CRM system/lawyer rotas)
- Health and safety at work lead
- Overseeing the tech support function of the business
- Ensuring legal compliance schedules are met on time
- Managing and overseeing the admin team
- Managing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Producing reports and analytics for the CEO
- Coordinating meetings and overseeing guest hospitality
- Managing and ensuring maintenance of the office including reporting servicing and repairs
- Updating and maintaining company policies
- Undertaking special projects as and when required
- Other administrative duties as may be assigned
The Successful Candidate
Although we are an established employment law firm, we operate with a startup mentality. So the role would suit someone flexible and able to take the initiative in adapting to evolving work practices.
As well as being highly organised and paying keen attention to detail, you will be able to work on your own initiative, prioritise your workload and adhere to deadlines, whilst also being a good team player with a positive, can-do attitude and a keen commercial awareness.
- At least 5 years ‘ hands-on’ senior admin experience in a UK office environment, some of which will be as a manager
- Fluent spoken and written English with correct spelling and use of grammar
- Competent in writing business correspondence in English
- Highly tech literate in business applications
Nice to have
- Experience working in a UK startup or small company
- Experience of working in a UK law firm
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in business, administration, or similar
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Office located in the heart of Peckham’s creative hub
- Proximity to many bars and restaurants
- Regular team socials
- Onsite yoga classes and table tennis
- On-site parking
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people’s lives
- Career progression in a fast expanding company.
Email your C.V. together with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in joining Monaco Solicitors to Jenny Monaco: [email protected]